In order to be a reciepient of the funds generated by the Intellectual Disabilities Drive, Organizations must register with Illinois State Council Knights of Columbus Charities, Inc. and be recognized as a provider of qualified services for persons with intellectual disabilities. Please use the Fund Recipient Form to request approval of an organization to be eligible to receive ID funds.
Fund Recipient Application Form PDF
Listing of Approved Charities for Fund Distribution - Updated 4-22-20
Ed Feeney and Ted Glaser, Chairmen
The Intellectual Disabilities or "Tootsie Roll" Fund Drive is one of the most recognizable activities that the Knights of Columbus do. The funds generated from this drive are used to support local programs which help people with special learning needs.
The 51st Annual Drive will be held:
September 18-19-20, 2020
The ID Drive for Sept, 2020 IS a go at this point. The direction is to plan such as you normally do ( get permits, candy orders, etc.) The caveat is if the government or local municipalities do something to prohibit it. Our best guess is that ALL collectors probably should have at least a mask on. No one can predict with any accuracy the path this will all take, so we do our BEST and adjust if necessary. Also, please be advised that the shelf life of the tootsie Rolls is 3 years, so if by chance something does happen, all is not lost if it is stored properly etc.
Can't schedule those dates in your community?
You are allowed to set up a different date for your ID Drive. Be sure to let the State Office and Chairmen know your plans so that the appropriate insurance certificates can be issued for your event.
NEW ID Drive Logos
Download and use these logos for your ID Drive advertising.
- To aid and contribute, to organizations devoted to the care of individuals and particularly those inflicted with one or more forms of Intellectual disability
- To aid and contribute to the creation, maintenance and development of hospital, scientific, religious, educational and charitable activities and projects
- To do and perform any and all such objects, either alone or in cooperation with charitable, educational, scientific and religious societies or organizations
- To receive gifts, legacies, grants and donations from any reputable source
- To make gifts or donations to carry out the objectives and purposes of the Corporation to 501C3 organizations
- To manage and distribute funds for operating programs as identified herein, in the name of Illinois State Council K of C Charities, Inc. to various charitable causes
- To promote charitable activities sponsored by the Illinois State Council Knights of Columbus and its subordinate councils
- To foster the principle of charity within the Illinois jurisdiction and in states where Illinois residents are welcomed.
- To grant interest free home loans to state approved organizations that provide housing for the intellectually disabled.
Check here for other opportunities to Support our ID Efforts and Special Olympics.
YOU MUST FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THIS FLYER IN ORDER TO COLLECT ON A DOWNTOWN CORNER!!!
Exelon Nuclear Contribution Form - This is a Word
Document Form that must be saved (right click link and choose save as), completed in Microsoft Word and emailed to the State Office for Processing. Send the completed and saved form to email@example.com